- 1) 7 Ways to Uninstall Program in Windows 10
- 2) 1. Uninstall Programs Utilizing the Windows Start Menu
- 3) 2. Run the Uninstall from Control Panel
- 4) 3. Uninstall in Application Settings
- 5) 4. Run the Program’s uninstall.exe file
- 6) 5. Third-Party Uninstallers
- 7) 6. Run System Restore
- 8) 7. Uninstalling by PowerShell
7 Ways to Uninstall Program in Windows 10
Whether your computer is experiencing problems, or you just wish to remove applications that you don’t use any longer, remove them to liberate space and unclutter your Start menu. Windows 10 includes an uninstaller option offered through the Start menu, settings screen, and buried within Control Panel.
However, if you want to uninstall some Windows programs, you will need to do so via the Control Panel or by using third-party apps. There’s more than one way to do it, also. Let’s give it a try.
1. Uninstall Programs Utilizing the Windows Start Menu
For this, you need to follow these actions.
- Click the button with the Windows logo on the bottom-left edge of your screen. You can additionally push the button with the Windows logo on your keyboard. This will certainly open up the Start Menu.
- Then locate the program that you intend to uninstall. Here is additionally the listing of all programs set up alphabetically. You can just scroll to locate them.
- Next, right-click on the program. This will cause a little window to appear.
- Then click Uninstall. After clicking Uninstall, a pop-up message will appear that states, “This app and its related info will be uninstalled.”
- Finally, click that “Uninstall” in the dialog box.
- This is the easiest method to uninstall a program on Windows 10. However, if you attempt to uninstall particular programs, you might see a settings window or Control panel.
2. Run the Uninstall from Control Panel
- Open Up the Start Menu.
- Click Settings
- Click Apps.
- Select Applications and Features from the left-hand side menu.
- Select the Program or App you want to uninstall from the list that shows up.
- Click the Uninstall button which is shown under the selected program or application.
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish the uninstall.
3. Uninstall in Application Settings
You can likewise go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features to extra easily watch all the programs you can uninstall. This screen shows you both Windows Universal and common desktop applications, so you ought to locate every program mounted on your PC below. Scroll down the list to locate the program you desire to get rid of, then click it as well as select uninstall.
4. Run the Program’s uninstall.exe file
Several applications featured an uninstaller file. To discover this data, you’ll need to dig with File Explorer and navigate to the documents path that the application’s EXE fillies. The uninstall.exe file can be found with it.
Double-click the uninstall data to begin the program uninstallation process.
5. Third-Party Uninstallers
Applications commonly spread their files and settings throughout your system and may even populate your Registry with settings that can be hard to find. The uninstall features built into Windows don’t necessarily get rid of all these leftover files and setups, yet a third-party uninstaller will certainly do much better work erasing an application totally.
Much of the best uninstallers have detailed backups as well as safeguards in place. If something fails following an uninstallation, the app can be recovered in order to deal with any concerns that appear.
6. Run System Restore
If you have enabled Restore Points on your computer system, you can utilize System Restore. This method allows you to take your computer back to a previous date before the particular piece of software was installed. Nevertheless, this does remove any other programs that are mounted in that same duration.
7. Uninstalling by PowerShell
Open Windows PowerShell as an admin. Run the wmic command to use the Windows Management Instrumentation Command-line (WMIC) software utility.
Run product gets name to obtain a checklist of installed programs on your computer as well as take note of the program name.
Run product where name=”program name” call uninstall (change program name with the real program name) to uninstall the application. Confirm that you want to uninstall the app by typing Y and then hitting the Enter key on your keyboard.
That’s all there is to it.